Flash player conflict stopping the feature update

Someone on the Internet Tablet Talk Forums released a package that fixed
the Flash Player version string issue that stopped a lot of sites
recognising that the version of flash in ITOS2008 was compatible.
Unfortunately, it seems this package is stopping installation of the
latest feature upgrade available via system update. It claims the
version of the Flash Player is the "problem". I haven't attempted to
remove the package in question, don't know if that would work, but this
is a "heads up" to those who, like me, did the same to get Flash to work
with Youtube and Myspace etc.