Re: USB keyboard on n800?

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 19:56:10 +0100, Matt Emson wrote:

>> How does it recognise a keyboard, anyway?
>
> Hardware manufacturer id, device id and device class (e.g. Mass storage,
> input device, etc)

So I suppose there's a faint hope that it doesn't know the particular
manufacturer or device ID and I just need a table entry ... the hope is
faint because the keyboard works just fine on other Linux systems, and
I'd imagine they'd all use the same list of IDs and classes.

I guess the next things to try are an ordinary USB keyboard, and the
Alphasmart with a powered hub.  The Alphasmart Neo has its own power
supply -- you can use it to write an entire novel on one set of AAA
batteries without ever connecting to a computer (so I can't imagine it
drains much power form anywhere), but I suppose I can't rule out that it
might take power from the USB as part of a signalling convention to
determine that it's talking to a host.

>> Does that driver have to be installed specially?
>
> No, nothing needs to be installed in Chinook and Diablo, it just
> "works".

Too bad. If something did need to be installed, I could install it.