Re: Where can I find the Video Converter tool for Linux?

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Some time ago I downloaded the Video Converter for my Nokia 770.
> It worked well, and although it was just a java-interface for mencoder
> it saved me from trying all the possible command line switches to get
> an tablet-optimized result.

That would be MediaConverter by Urho Konttori.

> Sadly I deleted this tool and I would like to use it now, so I
> searched for it on the Nokia site.
> I only found downloads for OSX and Windows - what happend to the Linux
> client?

That sounds like you're talking about Nokia's Internet Tablet Video
Converter of which there are versions for OS X & Windows.

There are a number of other tools, including my own tablet-encode[1]
which runs on Linux (with an even simpler GUI) and a more complete
list on the wiki:

    http://wiki.maemo.org/Video_encoding

Hope that helps,

Andrew