Re: Claws Mail Network Log Error "can't write file" SOLVED!

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 15:29:43 -0400
Peter Bart <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 23:21 -0400, Peter Bart wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> > 	I have Claws v3.4.0-1 installed in ITOS 2007 running a
> > N800. I had an epiphany the other day which caused me to screw
> > around with moving my files. I had been saving my files to one of
> > the memory cards and not to the device flash. I have now moved them
> > into the device flash and now use Grsync to sync my entire /home/
> > to a memory card as a backup. Now when Claws checks mail it stops
> > at the first (main) of three accounts setup and exits with the
> > error message "can't write file". I opted to open the log which
> > told me it was the network log. I searched online for a solution
> > which came up empty so far. That would be Google, ITT and Claws. I
> > checked to see if I had matching logs in my backup on the memory
> > card and on the device. I found /.claws-mail/claws.log in both. Did
> > I screw up my permissions somehow? If I opt to receive mail from
> > either of the other two accounts separately I get all the mail from
> > all three accounts into that mailbox. Can someone point me in the
> > right direction?
>
> 	Turns out this was first in a line of several oddities that
> culminated in a reboot loop. That was my last kick-in-the-pants to
> finally flash the Diablo image! So it's fixed. Somewhat of a drastic
> fix but it worked ;)
>
> Best Regards,

Hi Everyone,
	As it turns out it is of course much simpler than it was. l
Having moved all my files onto the device flash, I had no more room for
log files. I had the same problem with Diablo when that occurred to me.
Doh! Moving my files back onto a memory card solved the problem.

Best Regards,

--
Peter The Plumber sm on the road