Re: Can I run java on n810

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 1:00 PM, Jeff Treague
<blacknight45alive@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can I run java on the n810. When I try to play games online off pogo.com. I
> need java to play and other sites are the same. If java dose not work on the
> n810. Are there places to play games online on the n810
> and what are they.

As far as I know there is a "desktop" java (J2SE) build for the Nokia
tablets, but it allows you to run .jar java applications, not
applets. What you want is a way to run java APPLETS inside a browser.

That is currently not possible because Nokia has decided not to
support Java and do a browser Java plug-in.

A possible option would be for you to play Flash games, although I
have found very few worth playing

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=flash+games

The last option, and the most attractive imho, is using the Garnet OS
Virtual Machine,

http://www.access-company.com/products/gvm/

which is free, to basically run any PalmOS based game on the Nokia.
There are VERY good PalmOS games, starting with the paid ones from
Astraware
http://www.astraware.com/palm/

See also
http://www.freewarepalm.com/