Re: Wifi name

John Holmblad wrote:

> who is the manufacturer of your router? Is
> it running the DHCP  service for your network?

Actiontec.  It is also my DSL modem.  Qwest claims that it has custom
modifications to enable it to work on their network.  Yes, it is running
DHCP.  There are 6 devices connected to the router, 4 by wire, 2 by Wifi.
All have a name associated except the Nokia.

James Knott wrote:

> It should be picking up the name from the router.  You did set it there,
> didn't you?

I don't understand.  The router is getting the name of each device that
connects to it from itself?  I didn't set the 5 names that it is accurately
reporting.

I am using WPA.  As far as I can tell, the Actiontec router does not support
WPA2.
--
Jeffrey Barish