Re: Wifi name

Jeffrey Barish wrote:
> My router reports that my N800 is connected by Wifi, but the name that it
> reports is "unknown".  Is there a way to assign a name by which the N800
> will be known to the router?

It should be picking up the name from the router.  You did set it there,
didn't you?  Also, while on the subject, to get best security, you want
to run WPA2 and most certainly not WEP.  While WPA is good, WPA2 is
better.  WEP is easily broken.  Configure the router for WPA2 or
WPA2+TKIP (may be called "Auto" or something similar), which will enable
WPA2, while still supporting those that can only run WPA.  Anything
running a recent version of Linux can do WPA2, as can XP with SP3.  Then
go to one of the WPA key generator sites, such as www.grc.com (click on
Services > Perfect Passwords and grab a key from the "63 random
printable ASCII characters" box.  You get a new key every time you
reload the page.) and paste it into the appropriate box in your router
and also use it to connect to the router.