Re: modest does not update newmail in imap folder

> Ah, good point; we use tinymail, and I think the unread count is a
> function of the headers/messages that are actually on the device, not
> of the output of STATUS. For technical reasons, it seems easier to
> keep those in sync. Might be a nice future enhancement to support
> STATUS as well.
>
>>> Usually, new mail will finds its way to the INBOX, so that
>>> shouldn't be a problem in most cases.
>>
>> It is if you filter server side.
>
> Yup.

Just a quick 'me too' point to note that Rainer isn't the only person
doing server-side filtering.  The STATUS enhancement would be quite
helpful to me as well.

Additionally, folks using client-side filtering are likely to be bitten
by this occasionally, but not often enough to figure out why.  Anytime a
desktop/laptop mail client checks mail and filters it to a folder, but
the user doesn't immediately read it... those folders won't be listed as
containing unread messages when the user next checks mail in Modest.

Thanks,
Mike Lococo