Re: Changes in 4.2008.30-2

Hi,

ext John Holmblad wrote:
> thanks for the info. And yes, after I sent the email I
> realized/remembered that OS2008 promised no more reflashes for OS
> upgrades but no promises were made about rebooting.
>
> Regarding documentation, or lack thereof, I can understand scant
> documentation if there are only bug fixes in a release. However this
> update was advertised as a OS feature upgrade so I assume there is some
> new and/or changed capability (sometimes features are subtracted, i.e.
> taken away). Hence my question about documentation of those features.

AFAIK it has only bug fixes (to browser, email etc which you can
fairly well find from public bugzilla, see Andre's mail).

Hm. Maybe one could think of the maemo-launcher change as a "feature"
although it's "a bit" developer oriented...

The maemo-invoker that proxies default applications launch requests
to maemo-launcher, raises the signals into which the launched
application terminated so that the maemo-invoker caller receives
them properly.  However, if the application terminated to SIGSEGV
that creates a core-dump also for maemo-invoker which could confuse
developers and testers (as maemo-invoker core dump gets the application
name and the actual application core dump is named maemo-launcher).
Maemo-invoker has now disabled core dumping for itself, so there's
only one core dump[1].  :-)

	- Eero

[1] You can get core dumps by adding "core-dumps" directory to your
memory card that has enough space for them.  Note that without
installing the "rich-core" package which compresses the core dumps
(and adds some extra information to them), core dumps can be *huge*
as they include all application memory (check VMSIZE from "top" to
see what I mean).