looking for python development shortcuts :)

Hi,

I'm trying to apply development skills to Maemo platform and it was
relatively easy with python bindings available for everything I need.
However I seem to be stuck with following problem:

I want to write simple application that would listen for D-BUS even
whenever internet connection is established and run certain actions. My
present usecase is that GPE-Contacts fails to render ICS files generated
by Zimbra server, so I'd like to write python script which upon every
internet connection receive data from Zimbra, render it to a form that
is acceptable for GPE and submit it via gpesyncd. So as you see I have
figured most pieces for myself, except I'm kind of struggling with D-BUS
stuff esp. that I can't figure out how to simulate those evens in
scratchbox and doing it on actual device is kind of painful (breaking
connection so I have to re-ssh in etc. etc. etc.).

Any pointers are appreciated. So far I have found those:

http://stefans.datenbruch.de/nokia770/
http://maemo.org/development/documentation/apis/3-x/python-maemo-3.x/pyosso_rpc.html
http://pymaemo.garage.maemo.org/documentation/python_osso_examples/index.html

but I wasn't able to put those together into something coherent to
implement as a code :)