Re: Maemo mapper maps

On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 00:09 -0700, salaria113@xxxxxxxxx wrote:> I have just installed OS2008 on my N800 but i have some problem with> maemo mapper in particular there are some problems in downloading> maps. Google repository doesn't work
I guess you are referring to Google Satellite. Unlike with their Streetmap, they limit the downloads for Satellite -- most likely per IP andday. So, if suddenly you don't get any new Satellite maps, you alreadyexceeded their limit, and will have to wait a day before downloadingmore maps. FWIW, the popup tells you about the failed download.
If this is not your issue, we will need more details. First of all, themap repositories URL, maybe some more repository settings, and the zoomlevel you are trying to download.

> and with the others maps in zoom level 0 or 2 have a very low> resolution.
AFAIK, most map repositories do not offer zoom levels below 3, or evenhigher.
OpenStreetMap offers downloads down to zoom level 3, Google Street goesdown to level 4. Only Google Satellite *seems* to offer all zoom levels,including 0 (no map download failures), though at least for me, anythingbelow 2 does not add any more detail, but is just a scaled version oflevel 2. Of course, this may vary depending on the part of the world youare watching.
If you limit the "Downloadable Zooms" in the map repository settings,maemo mapper will not attempt to download zoom levels outside thatrange, preventing delays and failed attempts.
Related settings are "Download Zoom Steps" and "Double Pixels. To alwaysget the best possible resolution, set them to "1" and "false"respectively. Please see the docs / help for more information aboutthese settings.

HTH
-- Karsten Bräckelmann  -- maemo.org bugmaster
_______________________________________________maemo-users mailing listmaemo-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users