Aw: Re: Importing a Sunbird Calendar into either mCalendar or GPE-calendar

Good Evening Rick,

I am able to sync GPE via ermining with my GoogleCalendar. I use sunbird on one of my ubuntu machines and there i am able to sync the same GoogleCalendar via a Provider for sunbird/lightning

Not an elegant solution but it works

br

Mathias

----- Ursprüngliche Mitteilung -----

On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 15:13 +0100, Graham Cobb wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 July 2008 13:33:19 Rick Bilonick wrote:

> > I've had no luck in importing a Sunbird .ics calendar directly into

> > either mCalendar or GPE-calendar. I was able to import it into a Google

> > calendar but could not get it from Google to either app. I can't believe

> > it is that difficult but what am I missing? Could someone please point

> > me in the right direction? (I'm using an N810 with Diablo.)

> You should be able to import a .ics file into GPE Calendar.  Use the

> File->Import menu item.  If it fails please contact me offline (or, even

> better, log a bug in the GPE bugzilla on http://bugs.linuxtogo.org/ if you

> are willing to).  You may want to try the recently announced beta test of the

> next version of GPE calendar (see ITT on

> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22219) as it has

> some bug fixes for import/export.

> GPE Calendar also has the ability to import a calendar from Google Calendar.

> Use Tools->Calendars, click on the New Calendar icon and set the type to

> Subscribe.  Note that this is one way -- it reads calendar data from Google

> but no changes or updates are sent back to Google.  Personally I don't use

> this feature so you may be best asking about it on ITT to see if you can find

> other people who use it.

> Graham

I installed the GPE calendar beta. When trying to import the .ics file,

I still get an input/output error. When I try to subscribe, I still get

a syntax error but with an entire screen of info.

Rick B.