Re: I think I crash my 770 More info

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 02:06:19PM -0700, Jeff Treague wrote:
> I'm useing windows visa.
> Program:Nokia internet tablt sofware update wizerd.
>
> I update
> From: 2006SE_3.2006.49-2
> To: 2006SE_3.2006.49-2
>
> When I turn it on and off it make the normal sounds.
> The sceen is wite, It look like under the wite it is trying to come in.

It sounds like the dreaded White Screen of Death issue that I,
thankfully, never encountered myself.  It's a hardware failure.  If you
still have warranty for your 770, get it replaced.

I'm somewhat surprised that the maemo wiki has nothing to say about
this.  Google of "770 white screen of death" gives me a bunch of forum
posts and this YouTube video:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXENc5tmlQI&feature=related

Marius Gedminas
--
If you have to run heating in winter, you don't own enough computers.