Re: Time aware daemons

GROG! (Jeff Howie) wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Jason Edgecombe <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>

>> google for alarmtool. it's command-line front-end for alarmd. It's in
>> the chinook extras repo. Using alarmtool, you can run a command, play a
>> sound or send a dbus event at a certain time with repeating events. It
>> would be great if it was integrated with more things, like GPE.
>>

> Looks interesting. I googled but can't find a homepage or README. Any
> pointers? TX

this might help:
http://maemo.org/development/documentation/how-tos/3-x/howto_alarm_interface_bora/

I had to install the alarmtool dpkg in my maemo development VM
 to find the man page which is the only documentation that I have found
for the alarmtool command itself. All other docs talk about the C interface.

Jason