Wiki page of the Day: Video encoding

Hi all,

This is the last time I'll be cross-posting WPotD announcements - from
now on I'll use the new maemo-community@xxxxxxxxx list for WPotD
updates, and I invite any of you interested in community processes, the
wiki or the development of the website to join that list.

Thank you very much for the help on USB networking - it's now been
cleaned up & put to bed, as has "booting from a flash card" and
"partitioning a flash card" (thanks in large part to General Antilles's
monster contribution). A special thank you also to the anonymous
contributor who updated "playing ogg files" and allowed me to remove the
"in progress" tags this morning. The wiki is coming along nicely!

The WPotD for today is "Video encoding"
http://wiki.maemo.org/Video_encoding - an article which, it seems to me,
is in dire need of reduction. From my own experience, the page should be
an instruction manual on installing tablet-encode and its dependencies,
and that's it.

Thank you again (and especially General Antilles, the tireless warrior)
for your help, and let's keep the momentum through this week. If you
only have 5 minutes to contribute, then picking one paragraph, and
tidying up the text or deleting it (if needed) is a great contribution.
Re-reading other people's edits to spot corrections is also a great help.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
maemo.org docsmaster