Re: TangoGPS runs on Maemo (well... at least inside Scratchbox)

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:14:54 +0300, Marius Gedminas <marius@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 07:08:36AM -0700, Joshua Layne wrote:
>> Marius Gedminas wrote:

> for

>> > Interesting.  Only it crashes on startup for me.
>> >
>> > Marius Gedminas
>> >

>> Can you start it from a shell and tell me the output when it dies?
>
> ~ $ roadmap
> s== roadmap_start.c, line 1460: RoadMap starting, time 17:13
> s== roadmap_gps.c, line 882: cannot access GPS source gpsd://localhost

this is non-fatal, but it suggests you are not on an N810 - are you on a
770 or an 800?

> s== roadmap_locator.c, line 146: Cannot open map index file.  Only
> OpenStreetMap maps will be available.  Otherwise, the Map.Path
preferences
> item must point at map files and the master index file.

again, non-fatal (roadmap was originally designed to use maps built
offline, dynamic map downloading is a fairly recent feature) -- although
see below.

> s## roadmap_locator.c, line 310: no more memory

This is the culprit (## is fatal).  Were you running a lot of other apps at
the time?  DO you have any virtual memory allocated?  (If on a 770, does
the 770 have significantly less memory than the N8x0s?)

I actually think the memory piece is a red herring and that there is
probably a bug in the locator code (with a missing usdir.rdm).  Let me do a
test or two and get back to you.

> I would be glad to help you make RoadMap usable out of the box. :-)

That would be good :)