Logo contest update

Hi all,

For those of you who have been following the logo contest, we now have a
bunch of entries:

* 32 submitters
* 71 different logo families (yes, I counted them by hand!)
* 156 individual images (including variants)!

That's a lot of logos, and there is some time left to submit before the
winner gets chosen.

For those of you who have been thinking of submitting, now's a good time.

There is still one decision left to be made, and that is the selection
criteria.

I favour having a group of 4 or 5 judges chosen from the maemo
community, who choose the winner. The community members will have
experience in graphics design and impartiality, and we will avoid
potential ballot-stuffing of logos. In general, I've found that voting
systems don't pick very challenging artcork, for some reason the winners
tend not to be very exciting.

Others feel that a community vote is more appropriate, perhaps after a
pre-selection of 5 or 6 candidates.

If you'd like to contribute to that discussion, the discussion is open
in the wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org/Talk:Maemo.org_logo_contest

Cheers,
Dave.

--