Re: Wayfinder Navigator vs Garmin

John Holmblad schrieb:
> All,
Hi!

> recently I obtained a Garmin nuvi 200w GPS^1,2   and I was surprised
> (actually floored) by how easy it is to use and how accurate are the
> maps and points of interest. This leads me to wonder how the quality of
> this Garmin product compares with that of the Wayfinder Navigator^3
> software when used on the N810 with its built in GPS receiver. Does
> anyone here have any experience with this software on the N810? And if
> so, what are your impressions?

I hate to say so but the Navigator is the worst navigation application I
have seen so far.
The application itself lacks a lot of features current navigation
softwares have - like "avoid track ahead" when you hit a traffic jam.
The the usability is in parts painful. Choosing addresses is
inconsistant, partially non-intuitive, slow and awkward to use. Once it
caused me a detour of more than 200km because I chose "fastest" instead
of "shortest" on my way from Las Vegas to Phoenix - this is a major bug.
But worst of all the map data is inaccurate, outdated and incomplete.
Most house numbers I checked so far are plain wrong, many many POIs are
wrong (non existant or wrong position) etc.

For a free application for the Maemo devices it is OK.
But I would not buy the navigation upgrade - you can get a complete
device including better software and more accurate maps at the same price.

Sorry to say so...

Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535