Re: Reading Ebooks.

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008, Peter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was hoping that some else out their may be able to share their experiences with readers for the N810.
> Previously I have been a big ebook reader using my PalmTX and mostly only use it for that purpose now.
>
> I have a really big collection of books in many formats but for the most park they are in MS Word format.. (Yeh I know)
> Would anyone be able to share their comments of how and what they use.?? Why you do or don't like them.

There is an article about bulk-converting Office to PDF on OONinja:

http://www.oooninja.com/2008/02/batch-command-line-file-conversion-with.html

I made a script to convert stuff on the public Web to PDF. It relies on
OOffice running on my server and may not be up, may be slow, and I get to
see what you are reading :-7 But try if you like... Code available on
request.

http://home.daviel.org/cgi-bin/ms2pdf

If you have plain text, there's a2ps and mpage then ps2pdf to make PDFs,
which might be prettier .. I recall from LaTeX it's possible to make a
PDF index and hyperlinks, too..

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada