Re: Anonymous wiki edits: disable NOW (please)

Hi,

ext Graham Cobb wrote:
> is it the case that, nowadays (or planned for the future),
> you need a garage account?

"Garage account" is a terminology that should be deprecated since what
we have now are maemo.org accounts. It's a registration form and you
don't need to do anything with Garage itself.

> Preferably
> providing a simple form on the wiki site which will create the necessary
> garage account.

It is good to have one and only register page for the whole maemo.org .
https://garage.maemo.org/account/register.php is the current place to
register and indeed it could be improved (like i.e. not having to enter
the Garage environment at all and register in a clean page at maemo.org
- being the data redirected to GForge database).

However, in the meantime I wouldn't qualify that page a showstopper either.

--
Quim Gil
marketing manager, open source