Re: Reading Ebooks.

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 08:38:01PM +0930, Peter wrote:

> I was hoping that some else out their may be able to share their experiences with readers for the N810.

Sadly, mobipocket has not been ported to maemo.  You can, however, install Garnet VM and then install your Palm reader on that.  It supports full-screen now but I have not been able to try it since the upgrade killed my installation somehow.

I mostly use FBreader, coupled with Gutenbrowse to get books from the Gutenberg project.  I am looking for a good way to port pdfs to a format FBreader understands (prc/pdb perhaps?) but have not come across one yet.  I was happy to see that someone had ported Zittrain's new _Future of the Internet_ book to that format and it works perfectly in FBreader.

http://www.consumingexperience.com/2008/06/free-ebook-zittrain-future-of-internet.html

hope that helps,

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com