Re: Nokia: Linux Needs to Learn Business

With the Android shipping next year, I wonder what effect it will have on the debate?

Since Apple announced it's SDK, I have noticed a large drop in the number of applications being developed, as well as updates being published. I think this is an indicator that the market, or a subset of the market, wants an open model and is growing tired of not truly "owning" their phones.

One other thing I have noticed, I've only had my n810 for 4 days now, and owned a iPhone since November, is the development community working on Nokia products is much more mature, ready to exploit future hardware releases, understands Open Source, and not afraid to have their ideas and products modified or enhanced.

The market will change, and that change, just as with Linux, will be driven by the consumer.

-Denis