Maemo mapper on N770

Hi!

This is a repetition of an earlier question, some months ago...I never
solved the issue then, but now I really need a GPS device. Here is the
problem:

I have OS2007 HE installed on my 770, latest fiasco image flashed two
days ago. I install maemo-mapper for OS2007 (or OS2006) from
appllication catalog, and it installs find and runs. It downloads and
shows maps nicely. As I use the web installer, it is the latest version
that is installed, I believe.

But it does not connect to the external GPS device (a Holux). I scan for
it, find it, and have the radio button for Bluetooth marked, in the
Preferences window. But when enabling GPS in the main window, it starts
searching, the bluetooth icon in top of the window goes on and then off
and then on... finally MM says: failed to connect to GPSD.

I have not set it to connect to GPSD, and I have not installed any GPSD
(unless it came sliently with MM). Any adivice warmly welcome, as this
leaves me quite frustrated..... Anything else I should check or set?
Anyone else experiencing the same?

Magnus Larsson