Re: Exporting an X Session From Another Linux Box to an N770

Hal Vaughan wrote:
> I've got an N770 running the stock OS.  Can I export an X session to it
> from another Linux system?
>
> I'm making a carputer that will run LinuxICE (ICE = In Car
> Entertainment), which is based on Ubuntu.  Eventually I'm going to make
> a control panel that slides out of the radio bay, but that will take a
> while (I'm retro-fitting it in a classic car, so I'm making the control
> panel fit behind a vintage 1985 radio faceplate, the same as was
> originally sold in this model in that year).  That will take a good
> while to do.
>
> If I could export an X session, then I could use my N770 as a control
> panel for it.  I'd rather not use VNC.  While I've used it a lot and
> find it useful, it's S-L-O-W.
>
> I'd even considering upgrading the OS (that's possible, isn't it?) if it
> would let me export an X session.
>
> Thanks for any help!
>

> Hal

Guessing probably, though not sure about XDCMP or whatever that acronym
I see in my GDM desktop login manager is, since I know X forwarding over
SSH works if that more limited solution suits you, the only side effect
there being that you need to use something like matchbox keyboard since
the standard maemo stuff won't pop up on forwarded X.

--
Ryan Pavlik
www.cleardefinition.com

#282  +  (442) -  [X]