Re: which SDL version used for Diablo?

On Saturday 10 May 2008, Sebastian Posch wrote:
> I'm trying to port some SDL programs, compiling them directly on the
> n810 device. My code uses a few SDL 1.2.11 specific header files
> (SDL_stdinc.h) but for OS2008 I see that only SDL 1.2.8 seems to be
> available as deb packages.
>
> So basically I'd just like to ask which version of the SDL will be
> distributed with the new OS release for the n810? AFAIK the difference
> between 1.2.8 and 1.2.11 was the inclusion of some portable standard C
> routines and a few other minor improvements.

I think that you should have no problems compiling any version of SDL
and linking with it statically. You will have some code size overhead,
but that's a cost of flexibility.

This 'static linking solution' does not work for any library though. For
example, if you badly need some kind of upgraded or optimized version of
xserver, this can't be done so easily...

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka