Re: Solved. Was: Battery life VERY short on N810, last OS2008...

Glad to hear you worked it out - good to know those items in any case.
I suppose the next step would be to file a bug with those projects,
possibly with an strace (I think?) result to find out what they're doing
when not being used.

I have not yet had the same good luck as you and get about 1-2 days even
if I turn the thing to offline mode when I don't want to use the
internet.  I'm suspecting the continually breaking email (it must not
like my imap server or something) might be affecting it, since I already
removed the fm radio and load meter bits.

RE: battery estimates, I remember reading not too long ago on some
really clever analysis of battery discharges in some GNOME software,
possibly Gnome Power Manager?  It might be useful/interesting to see if
that logic can be ported, because from at least a theoretical math point
of view it seemed pretty sensible.

Ryan

Ryan Pavlik
www.cleardefinition.com