Re: Is OS2006 still supported?

On jeudi 17 avril 2008, Ryan Abel wrote:

> Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

> > As a new user of Nokia 770, I feel a little disapointed.
>
> Such are the pitfalls of purchasing an almost 3 year old unsupported
> product. ;)

It is not *that* old! And why remove packages for mistral distro? I still
have computers based on debian 'sarge', and I'm still able to install
packages using 'apt-get install'... Packages for 770 are not so large that
people need to remove them from their hard drive to put newer versions ;o)

> Have you considered trying OS2007HE or OS2008HE?

Well, I wanted to avoid installing non-standard stuff, as I plan to use
this Nokia for a free photographic project; I would like non-users able to
easily install my program... Hard to ask them to install a new
firmeware...

--
   Frédéric

   http://www.gbiloba.org