Re: Web-browser memory consumption on OS2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 06:42:42PM +0100, Tony Green wrote:
> Has anybody else noticed that the web browser seems to take an awful lot of
> memory up on OS2008?

I've noticed it too. This gets especially worse with embedded flash,
like youtube and its ilk.

> Not that I've any idea what it used on OS2007, as I don't think I ever looked.
> But it seems rather excessive - any suggestions as to how to reduce the
> footprint? As I'm using the browser to display  pages from the on-board
> Apache server, built from the on-board MySQL database, I must be swapping an
> awful lot...

Help should be on the way:
http://gizmodo.com/378045/mobile-firefox-is-six-times-faster-than-nokias-browser-on-the-n810

But you are on your own with the apache and mysql resource
requirements ;)

Erik Hovland
mail: erik@xxxxxxxxxxx
web: http://hovland.org/