Re: can't install software

I am getting a permission denied unable to lock the list directory on it after a fresh boot.

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:33 AM, Eugene Antimirov <turist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: "Jon Dodson" <jbdodson@xxxxxxxxx>
> for some strange reason i have been unable to install any software a few
> days after i flashed the latest n800 new firmware for os2008.
> trying to install skype and it just hangs.
> sometimes it says i cant resolve something something about the repo.
> i can browse, download stuff, etc, everything else works like a charm.
> just no install of software.  i updated the repo as well.
> ideas?
> i am fine with reflashing the OS, in fact i did that however it said it
> already had the latest so it didnt do anything.
> can i reinstall the OS again?

I think just before re-flashing your linux again you should do update
from command line:

Start Internet connection and:
$ apt-get update
$ apt-get dist-upgrade

If you have some timeouts or error you will find the exact reason
there in output. Copy it here in maemo-users if you can't fix it.

--
Sincerely,
Eugene

Regards,