Canola2 Beta6 and Beta7 -- SOLVED

Hello again,

I brainstormed a bit and traced the root of the problem - what is keeping
Canola from opening?

I found out it has nothing to do with Canola!

While Canola2 beta7 is istalled, I opened the Terminal and:

# apt-get remove python2.5

Ansswered 'yes' to the question asking if I want to remove all 32
python2.5*packages.

Closed the Terminal.

Ran the Application Installer.

Disabled all the repos except the default and memo extras (as suggested by
MoRpHeUz)/

Refreshed the package list.

Installed ONLY the 'python2.5-runtime' package.

Ran Canola2 (without rebooting, even!)

And ---- It worked !!

A special thanks to MoRpHeUz for pointing me in the right direction!

One last thing: Is there a MAiling List specific to Canola?

Thanks!

--

Amichai Rotman

UIN#: 6401746