setting up the sdk

Chuck Robey wrote:
> 1) do I need that sbrsh thing?  I'm quite used to nfs, I like it, but I
> have no idea what sbrsh is.

No. You can use QEMU ARM emulator, which the installer script sets up by
default. If you run into a specific problem, like some instructions not
supported, then consider sbrsh. sshfs support is on the works.

Scratchbox Remote Shell (sbrsh) is used to provide CPU transparency for
cross-compiling with Scratchbox. Instead of emulation, binaries are
seamlessly run on the actual target hardware. This is useful for cases
when QEMU user space emulation doesn't support some functionality
properly. Scratchbox registers a helper to execute armel architecture
binaries using the sbrsh command. Client sbrsh program connects to a
remote machine running sbrshd server. After the server has authorized
the connection, the client first requests it to mount a remote
filesystem. When the filesystem has been mounted over network
connection, the sbrshd server executes a binary given as argument to
sbrsh client. Client sbrsh is typically run on host Linux machine where
cross-compiling takes place. The server process sbrshd runs on target
hardware.

Janne
--
Janne Kataja, Movial Corporation