cpan install

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 02:52:04AM -0600, zodman wrote:

> im install perl on my OS2008 chinook and use the cpan for install some libs.
>
> But i see the version of zip an tar are not the usuals's is a small
> software for busybox.
>
> Anyone know how fix it ???
>
> some hack of CPAN.pm ?

In your CPAN config you can specify the full path to whichever programs
you would like to use for tar, gzip, unzip and so forth.

You could also try using cpanplus to install.  This can use perl modules
for tar and gzip if necessary.  If you have installed perl 5.10 this
will be available by default, otherwise you would have to install it
from CPAN which would mean that it probably isn't a very helpful
suggestion.

Paul Johnson - paul at pjcj.net
http://www.pjcj.net