Audio connection noise - NOT SOLVED! [was: Audio connection problem]

Luca Olivetti wrote:
> En/na Mark ha escrit:
>
>> From the sound of it, though, I'm the only one having this problem,
>> which leads me to believe that the problem is more serious, and that
>> it's a defect in my particular unit.
>
> That's a possibility, yes. It's also possible that I don't notice the
> problem because I'm not really an audiophile (but I'm usually sensible
> to noise anyway).
>
>> Maybe the circuitry that turns
>> off the the loudspeakers and switches the output to the headphone jack
>> when a plug is inserted isn't fully switching over, and the hanging
>> output is what's causing the problem.
>
> This is probably a stupid suggestion, but are you sure you fully
> inserted the plug in the socket? I remember that I had horrible sound
> with the headphones, but that's only because I didn't push the plug
> hard enough for fear of breaking my tablet.
>
> Bye

That isn't a stupid suggestion, because it *is* a little difficult to
insert the plug that last little bit. I occasionally have to try again
because I didn't push it in firmly enough. However, that isn't the problem.

I did find out that the problem doesn't exist with the fmradio system. I
compared them back to back last night, and there was no noise with the
radio. I don't know how the hardware is routed - if the fmradio has its
own separate audio system then it points to a hardware issue, but if it
goes through exactly the same audio system as the media player then it
points to a software bug.

Mark