From: maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org [mailto:maemo-users-bounces at maemo.org]
On Behalf Of David Dyer-Bennet
Sent: 02 March 2008 17:43
To: maemo-users at maemo.org
Subject: Re: pwsafe.install error

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 03:25:19PM -0600, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>
>> Installing the n800 security app pwsafe from maemo.org, it downloads the
>> install file, and when Application Manager runs it, it pops up an
>> "operation failed" or some such box.  Looking at tools > log... in
>> Application manager, the last line is:
>>
>>     /var/tmp/pwsafe.insall: Key file contains line 'note: dist is
>> determined automatically by AppMgr' whic is not a key-value pair, group,
>> or comment.
>>

> Interesting.
>

>> I had to download the file again, it was gone by then, but indeed it
>> includes such a line, which doesn't seem to fit the syntax of the part
>> of the file it appears in.
>>

> It's supposed to be a comment.  I've removed it, try it now.
>
> If maemo.org wasn't slow as an arthritic snail today, I'd be inclined to
> investigate if it's stripping the '#' symbol at the beginning of the
> line, or if something else is wrong.

Whew, long time sitting things out here.

But yes, it installs now.

Unfortunately it doesn't support V3 database format; and in fact the V2
database I export now from PasswordSafe won't open either, so it's not
useful.  Dunno what's wrong where, maybe PasswordSafe broke the export
at some point, but anyway I'm stuck again.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info