Where is the Debian Packaging app? [In Maemo SDK Vmware Appliance]

Nope, not quite.  Here's what you want

Source of information: VMware Maemo Linux (inside whatever your host OS
is) - using the terminal in the top bar or in the menu - nano
/etc/resolv.conf to view

Destination: Scratchbox (inside VMware, inside whatever your host OS is)
- using the scratchbox link on the desktop of the VMware - fakeroot nano
/etc/resolv.conf to edit

You've essentially nested 3 deep.  You can ignore the outside (windows),
the settings within the first enclosure (just VMware) are your source,
and you want to bring those down one more level of encapsulation (into
Scratchbox)

Hopefully that is clearer.

Ryan