Ogg-Music sounds distorted with various audio players

Hello,

I have tried a number of different audio players (KMplayer, UKMP,
Kilikali and even YouAmp) and all had the same problem: Ogg files (most
are mono 44,1 KHz with low bit rates, about 35-40 kbit/s) sound
distorted with them. It is a bit like a smooth overdrive. The funny
thing is, that the build in media player (Nokias) doesn't have this
problem. I didn't want to use it, because it gets slow with a huge
number of .ogg files. An other problem is, that Nokias media player now
scans also all audio files of the build-in map application, which are
also ogg files.
Canola doesn't find any ogg file.

Any ideas?

--