how do I find out the IP address assigned?

Collin R. Mulliner wrote:
> that is strange, I have a N800 and it just works fine. The application
> install should produce an error of some kind, what does it say? What
> does "Details" say (on of the three tabs in details tells you something
> about compatibility).

In the Desktop Environment page, I click on the IpHome "click to
install".  I get the download panel with address
"http://maemo.org/downloads/product/raw/OS2008/iphome/iphome"; and select
"Open".  The application manager opens and displays the message "Unable
to install iphome.  Incompatible application package."

Incidentally, IpHome appears twice in that list and both give the same
results.