Canola on 770?

On Jan 30, 2008 10:46 AM, Jussi Kukkonen <jhkukkon at cc.hut.fi> wrote:

> There is no install file for Canola1. Canola2 is not available (yet) for
> 770. Anyway, Canola forum is probably a better place for this
> discussion: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/canola/

Indeed. We are doing the final tests to release the new version of
Canola2 which will be available for the 770 as well. About the Canola1
repository, the website admins may have messed up things when the new
website was released. I'll try to check it out today.

> One thing I've wondered: I've understood Canola is not open source, so
> why is it in the "free" archive? Doesn't the procedure allow uploading
> to non-free?

I know this is annoying but I have not found instructions to upload
packages to non-free archive anywhere . Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Best Regards, Etrunko.
--
Eduardo de Barros Lima