access windows shares

So how do I turn it back on?

Noah Davids
Serendipity is a function of bandwidth
E-mail:    ndav1 at cox.net
Web:      http://members.cox.net/~ndav1

  _____

From: John Holmblad [mailto:jholmblad at acadiasecurenets.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:58 AM
To: Noah Davids
Cc: maemo-users at maemo.org
Subject: Re: access windows shares

Noah,

I don't have my own N810 yet but  it sound like one of the apps you
installed may have turned off the instance of Samba server running on your
system. This is the component that implements "browsing" of CIFS file shares
that are found on Microsoft Windows network environments.

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Noah Davids wrote:

When I got my 810 and I brought up the file manager I would see a entry for
my windows PC and its shares. Now I no longer see it. The shares are still
there and available to other windows hosts. I have downloaded a lot of
applications, I suppose one of them might have turned something off. Any
ideas how to access the windows shares?

E-mail:    ndav1 at cox.net