Can't Wifi since loading OS2008

Since installing OS2008 on my N800, I am having trouble using Wifi.  I
created a connection using Connection manager (Tools | Connectivity
settings | Connections).  My N800 used to connect automatically whenever I
turned it on.  Now it does not, and my WAP does not even appear under
Select connection.  I tried power-cycling the WAP.  I tried deleting the
connection.  Either way, my network does not appear under Select
connection -- at this moment.  The connection worked fine yesterday and the
day before.  Once today it did appear and I was able to make a connection,
but I still could not use it.  I got "network not reachable" when I tried
to ping and under ifconfig I saw only lo.  Right now I am able to connect
to a neighbor's WAP and access the Internet (and I still see only lo under
ifconfig), but I do not see my own WAP.  When I was at CES I was able to
connect to many WAPs, but I was never able to access the Internet (server
not found, which means that I was not getting DNS).  Any idea what is going
on?  I guess the first mystery to solve is why I don't see my own WAP under
Select connections (usually).
--
Jeffrey Barish