Package categories are being misused

On Jan 11, 2008 9:12 PM, Jussi Kukkonen <jhkukkon at cc.hut.fi> wrote:
> A) These packages have their own private category (and they shouldn't).
>   canola2:        Canola       (how about Multimedia)

Sorry, this was a last minute mistake :-/

> B) These packages look like they should be dependencies and not visible
>
>   python* (most packages at least)
>   libgnokii3
>   libuiw
>   libmpd0
>   videocenter-ci-plugins-base
>   videocenter-plugins
>   vc-epg-widget

Not to mention packages like http servers, php, php-services... (are
those really used with the device? Really, people complained a lot
about things like canola-conf/web-ui, would someone use such servers
on maemo or are they just there because it's easy to port)

One thing that is still unclear to me is how we could improve things like:
  - language packs for individual programs
  - program plugins

Canola2 still provides no extra languages or plugins, but our arch is
meant for that, so we should get them soon, but we have this already
with gaim/pigidin and some others.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri
Jabber: barbieri at gmail.com