Keyboard-based navigation on N800 OS2007?

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 03:36:47PM -0500, Jason Edgecombe wrote:
> My bluetooth keyboard works well for taking notes for my N800 running
> OS2007, but I find it cumbersome to switch between the keyboard and pen
> input.
>
> My workflow goes like this:
> 1. I'm creating a note and I want to start Xterminal
> 2. I start Xterminal using the pen input
> 3. I have to use the pen/finger input two switch between the two apps.
>
> Are there keyboard accellerator keys for doing the following operations:
> * opening and choosing from the main menu of applications
> * switching between applications
> * navigating within microb, notes, and xterminal

I don't think so (in OS2007), but you can define them.  Create a text
file ~/.matchbox/kbdconfig with this:

  <Alt>Tab=next
  <Alt><shift>Tab=prev

then run matchbox-remote -k

Source of information:
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/HowTo_SetupKeyboard (which is otherwise
a bit dated).

> Is there improved keyboard navigation support in OS2008?

Yes.  The control panel applet lets you customize various keybindings.

(Although I didn't find the wretched Ctrl-E binding there and had to
clear it with gconftool.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Linux: The Ultimate NT Service Pack