powerlaunch: complete mce/systemui replacement

Austin Che wrote:

>     powerlaunch 0.7 has now been released. This is the first release
>     with a mce replacement and a goal of having the default install be
>     a drop-in replacement for systemui/mce. Ideally, you should be
>     able to just install the package and see no (or little) noticeable
>     change in the UI. But underneath, both systemui and mce should no
>     longer be running.

Thanks for a reminder. This looks extremely cool. Replacement of any
closed parts by open code is great and mce/systemui needs it. I will
definitely look at it as time permits (which is exactly what I promised
myself when you mentioned it last time).

>     Powered should have more features
>     than mce (e.g. you can selectively lock the screen) although there
>     are some mce modules that I'm not sure exactly what they do.

It won't hurt to ask here :-)

Frantisek