maemo4 install

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 12:30:07PM -0000, Chris Dobbs wrote:
> Please someone help me as I cannot resolve the following issue:
>
> When I run apt-get update under mameo4 I get this:
>
> [sbox-CHINOOK_ARMEL: ~] > apt-get update
> Ign file: chinook Release.gpg
> Ign file: chinook Release
> Ign http://repository.maemo.org chinook Release.gpg
> Hit http://repository.maemo.org chinook Release
> Ign http://repository.maemo.org chinook/free Packages/DiffIndex
> Ign http://repository.maemo.org chinook/non-free Packages/DiffIndex
> Ign http://repository.maemo.org chinook/free Sources/DiffIndex
> Get:1 http://repository.maemo.org chinook/free Packages [134kB]
> 99% [1 Packages gzip 0] [Waiting for headers]
> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> Err http://repository.maemo.org chinook/free Packages
>   Sub-process gzip returned an error code (1)

Looks like the same old repository problem: Akamai's proxies have cached
a lot of error pages instead of real packages files.

Solution 1: wait until the problem goes away.

Solution 2: edit /etc/apt/sources.list and replace repository.maemo.org
with repostory.maemo.org (temporary workaround).

> But when I download the Packages.gz manually using wget - IT WORKS!

That's interesting.

Do you wget inside scratchbox or outside it?

> I manually copied in all the packages I need for now but this really
> bugging me as it looks like the apt-get is broken
>
> I am not using a wierd proxy and my nsswitch.conf does have host dns in it
>
> Anybody have any idea before I start hacking around?

Not really.

Marius Gedminas
--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.