Bluetooth keyboard weirdness?

I used an Apple Wireless keyboard with the N800 with OS2007.  After a
certain period of inactivity the keyboard would go to sleep and the N800
would notice it and let me use the on-screen virtual keyboard.  When I
started typing on the Apple Wireless keyboard again, it would wake up,
reconnect and send all the keystrokes to the N800 without losing any
characters.

Today I've flashed OS2008 and re-paired the keyboard (somewhat
painfully).  When the BT keyboard goes to sleep, I can again use the
on-screen vkb, but the statusbar bluetooth icon still thinks it's still
connected.  When I start typing on the BT keyboard, nothing happens.
I have to use Bluetooth statusbad icon to disconnect the BT keyboard
manually, and then when I type it reconnects, losing the first few
characters I typed.

Has anyone else noticed a regression like this?  I did a quick bugzilla
seach, but other than a seemingly unrelated crash bug (2616) didn't find
anything.  Bug 2640 is what I experienced when I tried to pair, but I
somehow managed to get it done in the end.

Marius Gedminas
--
Never trust a smiling Gates.