App Mgr and Python runtime broken on OS2007?

I wanted to check out the iTablet interface (from
http://downloads.maemo.org/OS2007/desktop-environment) which requires
Python, so I ran the Application Manager to find it.

a) I let App Mgr try to update the application list but it complained
    that it was unable to do so, and gave me my last refreshed list of
    25/11/2007.

Does anyone know why it can't update its list?

b) In that list, python2.5-runtime-0.4-13 is listed, but if I try to
    install it, it says Unable to install, Installation file corrupted.

Does anyone know an alternative source that works?

///Peter