OS2008 Damn ugly!!!

On Dec 26, 2007 8:07 PM, James Knott <james.knott at rogers.com> wrote:
> inode0 wrote:
> > On Dec 26, 2007 6:25 PM, James Knott <james.knott at rogers.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Now that I've installed OS2008, how do I get it to look acceptable?  The
> >> current screen, no matter what theme I select is damn ugly and makes me
> >> want to go back to OS2007.  Is there any way to restore the appearance
> >> of OS2007 to replace this crap???
> >>
> > Someone worked hard to create the object of your ridicule. What
> > purpose does this sort of rhetoric serve aside from likely hurting the
> > feelings of those who created the new theme? Would it be so hard to
> > say "I sort of like the old theme better, is there any way to restore
> > that on OS2008" instead? Just a thought ...
> Some things are so ugly, it's not possible to be polite.

Ugliness is subjective. Politeness is always possible and generally
required on a mailing list if you want a positive response.

I happen to like the new themes. I also happen to like the idea of
making the old theme available in the new OS since consistency is best
with users who are unfamiliar with computers and/or get freaked out by
change.

Perhaps you can look into converting the old one over and sharing it
with others who share your aesthetic sense.

/Mike