Maemo-mapper unwantedly kills gpsd

Background: My goal is to have gpsd running constantly, connecting to a
bluetooth GPS whenever a client connects. This should allow me to have
both kismet, maemo-mapper and a few scripts I'll write myself all share
the GPS and play along nicely.

I've already installed bluez-utils, configured rfcomm.conf, written init
scripts for rfcomm (bluez-utils itself did not seem to bind) and gpsd.

However, maemo-mapper seems to not play well with others. The latest
version on OS2008 will kill gpsd when I close it down, which brutally
breaks my plans.. This didn't happen in OS2007 with an older maemo-mapper.

Any way to avoid this?

I attempted running gpsd as gpsd-foo instead, to try and evade this
killing, but no luck. Maemo-mapper still manages to find and kill the
process..

--
Jesper Cheetah <mail+maemo at jespercheetah.dk>