help!? my N810 seems dead(ish)

Ah yes, the fragile charger cable.. I think my charger lasted no longer
than a month before it stopped working. Possibly due to the wear and
tear of bringing it with me to and from work in a pocket every day, but
really that shouldn't be a problem? I used the N800 a _lot_ so I didn't
have time to deal with return services, and just bought a new one in the
nearest phone shop. The exact same model, which I now leave at home as
much as possible..

A few days after that, I had figured out that the problem was in the
cable, no more than a few cm from the charger. Snipped off the charger
and spliced the good end with a USB cable - Tada, instant DIY combined
USB charger and data cable :)

Works well, though it seems that the voltage or current delivered by USB
isn't quite as high as the "real" charger. Sometimes, when the battery
is really low, this makes the N800 refuse to charge, so I still need to
bring the real charger when traveling or using the N800 for critical
applications.

--
Jesper Cheetah <mail+maemo at jespercheetah.dk>