Bora -> Chinook apps

Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:
>> Once I made the decision to wait for the official release of OS2008, I
>> didn't pay much attention to the discussions.  I do, however, remember
>> seeing a short blurb about OS2007 applications not running on OS2008.
>>
>> Lastly, do I need to reinstall all my apps or will OS2008 install
>> and leave them intact?

2007 upgrades wiped the lot, and you had to restore your user data
from backup and reinstall the latest versions of your apps.

I believe 2008 works the same way, though I have not tried it.

I seem to remember that upgrading from Linux gives more control and
allows, for instance, kernel upgrades without fragging user space.
But don't ask me where I read that.

Paul